Postmates runs one of the largest marketplaces in the country, connecting consumers, merchants, and Postmates in real-time. Building high powered intelligence atop our large-scale dataset is a serious challenge and we are looking for candidates who are ready to dig in. Postmates isn’t just another ad platform or mobile app for delivering static user generated content: We have real customers paying real money for a real service.
At Postmates, customers are the center of our business. Our operations strategy team delights customers by providing fast, consistent, and high-quality service from highly skilled associates using powerful tools and systems. We want all of our customers to have a high touch, personalized service experience and you’ll be at the forefront of understanding how. As a Product Analyst, you will help us unlock insights from an enormous trove of consumer, commerce, and logistics datasets. You will use your full toolkit -- SQL query writing, data analysis, data synthesis -- to report out what’s happening and recommend what to do next. You’ll lead in the development or reports and analyses designed to support a rapidly evolving business with limited comparables or precedents. You will partner with Product & Engineering to surface insights and influence how the broader organization thinks about our challenges.
We’re looking for someone with an insatiable curiosity who is always asking why. Someone who can translate simple questions into complex analysis and translate them back into straightforward language. We love learning, and we expect that you will learn new things and teach us new things as we build out our intelligence capabilities.
- 4-6 years of applied experience executing analysis, communicating results, & developing metrics that matter
- Demonstrated experience in translating data into decision-ready insights
- Experience with data tools -- Python, R, SQL -- as well as proficiency with spreadsheets
- SQL is a must -- every analysis starts with “go get some data”
- A strong communicator. Explaining complex concepts shouldn’t be a problem for you.
- Comfortable and effective at juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast paced work environment.
- You are scrappy. You approach questions with a scientific rigor, but can execute pragmatically -- the simplest solution may be the best at times.
- 4+ years experience working in an analytics organization or related field
- A Masters degree (or higher) in a technical field (Statistics, Operations Research, Math, Physics, Engineering …)
- A solid math and statistics background
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and it’s 100% paid for by the company
- Tasty, healthy lunches
- Snack-filled kitchen (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- 3 paid volunteer days to give back to the community