We believe in differentiating our capital.
RSi is a leading provider of retail data science based analytics and a big data management platform which helps top retailers and CPG companies manage their supply chain and marketing initiatives to drive sales results. Using machine learning, streaming analytics and predictive models, we are the go-to cloud based; peta-scale SaaS data management platform in the retail industry.
The System Administrator position is a contributing member of the RSi Technical Operations team working in our India office. This team strives to provide a consistent level of world-class, utility grade support for its internal and external customers, to ultimately deliver a positive customer experience. Being a member of this team, you will need a passion for excellence, be dedicated to exceeding expectations and a willingness to take ownership of your role. You will be expected to be a strong contributor in a collaborative and spirited group where your opinion is welcomed, expected and matters. This position demands innovative thinking, a proactive outlook and a strong desire to think outside the box.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Perform System Administration tasks in multiple Windows and a growing number of Redhat environments. This includes building both physical & virtual servers, troubleshooting and tuning for performance along with exercising best practices in a Sys Admin role.
• Apply IT industry best practices to enhance internal processes and support.
• Provide a high level of technical expertise, support and best practices as they pertain to duties.
• Working with business groups to develop and deliver new solutions for critical business applications.
• Adhere and contribute to improved support processes and solutions.
• Contribute to departmental & organizational goals.
• Focus on, contribute to and develop standard processes and technologies. • Suggest design, build, implement and deploy new technologies to help RSi and Technical Operations achieve its goals.
• Work collaboratively with multiple teams to improve and enhance IT core competencies and infrastructure technologies. This includes deploying new customers and creating solutions that meet business requirements.
• Keep current with emerging technologies and recognize the potential value they bring to RSi.
Qualifications and Skills
• 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent technical training and professional work experience.
• 3+ years of Sys Admin expertise in supporting mission critical systems in a Windows / Linux production environment.
• 1-2+ years’ experience and working knowledge of VMWare ESX, VDI, Vsphere.
• Very strong, hands-on, working knowledge of Windows and RedHat OS and configurations.
• Must possess exceptional organizational, written & verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as a consistently contributing member of the team. • Expert knowledge at a Systems Administrator’s level, specifically of Windows / Linux server infrastructure.
• Demonstrated proficiencies at being able to apply advanced troubleshooting techniques and methodologies.
• Thorough knowledge of IT environments, technologies, system infrastructure and platforms is required.
• Effective time management skills.
• Must speak, understand, and write English fluently.
• Must be available for rotating 7x24 on call support.
• Strong knowledge of any of the following disciplines is a strong advantage:
• SAN storage
• Security (technical)
• Some travel may be required
ABOUT RETAIL SOLUTIONS, INC.
Retail Solutions, Inc. ("RSi") develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of award-winning software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that turn Retailer “downstream data”, such as point-of-sale (POS), supply chain, merchandiser feedback and category data, into actionable visibility into the store and onto the shelf for their suppliers.
RSi, the largest and fastest-growing company in the Retail Execution Management field, has more experience with processing customer-specific retailer data than any other company. Retailers and consumer product goods (CPG) companies trust Retail Solutions to grow sales, reduce out-of-stocks, improve promotion execution and effectiveness, maximize retail operation productivity and foster collaborative relationships in the retail industry to improve product availability for the end-consumer.
RSi serves more than 500 CPG Companies, including 23 of the top 25 global consumer goods companies, and processes data from more than 175 leading retailers in the Americas and Europe.
Retail Solutions, Inc. is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and has offices in Providence, RI, Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Brentford, UK, Paris, France, Munich, Germany, Pune, India, and Shanghai, China.
Retail Solutions Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment or services are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, religious or political preferences or union affiliation.
© Greenspring Associates