We believe in differentiating our capital.
The successful applicant for this role will be a commercially experienced individual with a proven
ability to establish and manage networks,
identifying and driving new business opportunities and achieving overall sales and revenue goals
within a defined business line. Thiswill involve actualizing new customer acquisitions, upselling in
itiatives to existing customers in Kenya.
• Key role in high-level planning for distribution and marketing strategies.
• Overall responsibility for driving the research & deliver intelligence that will inform propositio
n development for Alternative Channels, MFI / Saccos and Modern Trade Business.
• Build and manage network of NGOs, Faith Based Organizations, Agricultural Organizations,
Social Enterprises, or Saccos, MFIs and Chamaas, or Direct agents, corporate and
• Coordinate agent support including agent training, merchandising and below the line (BTL)
marketing strategies, support and execution.
• Develop and maintain key performance indicators for new business.
• Responsible for developing & deploying business propositions that will covert to revenue.
• Overall responsibility to offer backoffice support to the sales leads. This will involve prepare quotation, price negotiation docum
ents, project manage deployment of customer activities.
• Overall responsibility for account management activity supporting the business leads. This w
ill involve managing customer escalations, providing management information and reports.
• Cover for Manager as and when required
• Closure of sales project activities within approved timeline
• Revenue realization per sales vertical
• Relationship Management score
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field such as business administration,
• 5/6years’ experience in selling products in a B2B environment.
Proven track record in sales, business development and winning new business.
• Experience in selling in East African market will be an advantage.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
Ability to work with teams, strong interpersonal skills enabling connects with people at vario
us levels of seniority.
• Passion for social enterprise, development of people and environmental benefits.
Knowledge and Skills
• Capacity to innovate, creating new processes and structures across distribution network.
• Ability to manage inventory and stock across multiple regions.
• Ability to lead planning and execution for national BTL marketing strategy.
• Knowledge of the local business environment, particularly in financial services, mobile
money or telecoms industries.
• Ability to build and manage relations at all levels both within the company and outside with
• Excellent computer literacy and communication skills.
• Affinity towards entrepreneurship, understanding potential benefits of mobile technology to
• English and Kiswahili fluency
Skills and Competencies
People and Team Development: Demonstrates inspirational leadership that motivates and
engages others. Leads and develops high performing teams where everyone feels valued and
contributes to the continued success of the organisation. Acts as a role model; inspires people to
Drive Results: Translate strategy into action and drives tenaciously and innovatively for
outstanding results. Displays creativity in avoiding problems, reacting quickly and decisively to
deal with risks and opportunities.
Relationship Management: Develops and maintains effective collaborative relationships and
networks with strategic contacts
Ownership: Takes personal responsibility for performance. Champions continuous improvement
and inspires others to deliver whilst balancing risk, business competitiveness and customer
© Greenspring Associates