We believe in differentiating our capital.
« View all jobs
Senior Member of Technical Staff, Analytical
San Jose, CA, US
Apply for this job
We are looking for a materials scientist or an analytical chemist to focus on lithium ion battery materials characterization and development. Our ideal team member is a self-directed, proactive teammate who has a track record of delivering results against tight development schedules.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to collaborate with a hardworking team in a fast paced environment and make meaningful contributions to technical challenges.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE;
- Developing materials characterization methods to support company wide R&D activities, such as materials development, IQC, failure analysis
- Designing and implementing measurement system analysis
- Introducing and qualifying new analytical instruments; documenting SOP and training users
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, performing basic repairs
- Prioritizing support of analytical instruments
- Tracking sample submission and manage analytical instruments to deliver high quality data in timely manner
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- You have a PhD in materials science or Chemical Engineering with hands-on lab experience or Master degree and a minimum of 3 years of industry experience in commercial analytical labs using, troubleshooting and maintaining analytical tools
- Formal training or experience in applying MSA and SPC concepts to yield process improvements
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of surface analysis, thermal analysis and vibrational spectroscopy
- You are familiar with electrochemistry and interface characterizations of batteries
- Ability to independently develop new analytical techniques and methods and motivated to learn new techniques and perfect existing techniques
- Clear communication to coworkers, instrument vendors and tool users; Clear written and verbal skills to logically communicate ideas and thought processes
- You are effective working independently and within a team on high impact projects.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices, especially in handling chemicals
- Ability to perform work in a glovebox, dry room or fume hood
Apply for this job
Partner Company Sign In
© Greenspring Associates