We believe in differentiating our capital.
The PFE Group, a national leader in retirement plan investment advisory services and financial education, is seeking an investment analyst to support our retirement plan investment advisory team.
Our Investment Analysts provide support to a senior investment team charged with evaluation, analysis, selection and monitoring investment managers for qualified and non-qualified retirement plans (401(k), 403(b), 457, profit sharing, pension, deferred compensation, etc.).
Investment Analysts must be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint. New hires will be taught Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT), portfolio construction, investment vehicle alternatives (mutual funds, collective trusts, separate accounts, share classes, etc.) and how to use industry databases from which to gather data for analysis (Morningstar, etc.). PFE will train analyst on technical aspects of organizing database information and importing same into PFE proprietary systems.
· Investment Manager Interaction – Prioritize and schedule manager meetings; write-up manager meetings, support maintenance of proprietary manager databases by evaluating and organizing investment manager data.
· Client Reporting/Presentation – Build quarterly client reports from various data sources (client, record-keeper, trustee, etc.). Calculate, reconcile and/or verify investment performance, plan participation statistics and other plan level information.
· Quality Control – Verify, identify and correct reporting prior to passing to senior consultants for review and client distribution (missing data, errors, typos, etc.).
· Analytical Support – Support senior consultants as they evaluate retirement plan investment structures (collect and organize information, perform cost analysis, etc.) and analyze pension portfolio performance.
· Resource – Develop into a client-specific expert by mastering retirement plan investment: structure, analysis, investment manager due diligence process, and report production.
Candidate must be well organized, detail-oriented, flexible in job responsibilities, and have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. Good oral and writing skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in finance, economics, mathematics and/or investments
- One to two years of financial/investment work experience
- Experienced to advanced user of Excel and spreadsheet development and management (formula development, integration of spreadsheets into PowerPoint, problem solving, etc.)
- Knowledge of Morningstar products is desirable (preferably Morningstar Direct)
- Desire to learn the institutional retirement plan business
- Some experience developing financial models
Compensation & Benefits
PFE offers competitive salary and incentives in addition to comprehensive benefits.
© Greenspring Associates