We believe in differentiating our capital.
« View all jobs
Apply for this job
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
Our engineering interns are considered full time employees and are expected to contribute right away as a teammate of our organization! You’ll collaborate with our talented team of engineers, designers, product managers in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
Own one or multiple projects from start to finish and be guided by the support of a dedicated manager, mentor and University Program manager
Participate in daily team processes and learn all aspects of the software development lifecycle
Track data that will allow us to better understand how we can improve our products
Learn about the business and engineering practices
Develop well-tuned code that may be included as part of our next software release
The following engineering teams are available to work on:
- We solve complex geospatial data problems and leverage statistical analysis alongside live and historical traffic profiles to get users from A → B as efficiently as possible
- We are at the core of building the AI map at Mapbox by integrating features extracted from road side or aerial imagery as well as data derivatives of the 225M miles of anonymized traffic data Mapbox receives per day
- Our work results in increased customer value from Mapbox products, increased sales, and improved product capabilities. SA’s are good developers with front and back end technologies who love working with customers.
- We are knowledgeable about every part of the Mapbox stack and collaborate with teams across the world to incorporate user feedback and perspectives into our product. We write code examples and build small applications to speed up our internal processes.
- We make it possible to deploy Mapbox anywhere, whether on AWS, Google Cloud, VMware, bare metal servers, or offline laptops.
- We push
the limits of mapping technology by
highly performant, customizable, and scalable maps
with state-of-the-art rendering features.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
Proven understanding of computer science fundamentals
Understanding of object-oriented programming/design
Excited and has the ability to quickly learn new technologies
Enjoys working independently and as part of a team
Ability to solve real-time technology problems
Be a self-starter and possess strong sense of self-motivation
Available to work a minimum of 10 weeks between June and August 2020
What We Value
In addition to
our core values
, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
We value high
performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Apply for this job
Partner Company Sign In
© Greenspring Associates