We believe in differentiating our capital.
I. MISSION As an important member of United Capital Financial Advisers, Inc., the Relationship Manager plays an active part in working directly with firm clients through ongoing contact and general financial planning support to help clients make the right decisions and continue to improve their lives. The individual in the role maintains responsibility for retaining and developing ongoing client relationships with the support of a Managing Director or Wealth Adviser.
This position requires a proactive approach and ability to independently carry out the duties of the position. The ideal candidate should exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, good judgment and an ability to take initiative. The ability to effectively manage time and multi-task with attention to detail is critical to this role.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES All Responsibilities of the Relationship Manager plus: Client Development:
▪ Prepare and pre-fill new account applications and maintenance paperwork for our Custodians: TD Ameritrade, Schwab Institutional, and Fidelity Investments
▪ Independently develop recommendations and review proposed client solutions with oversight from the Managing Director or Wealth Adviser.
▪ Demonstrate the ability to meet with clients independently with limited oversight from a Managing Director or Wealth Adviser.
▪ During client meetings, demonstrate the ability to successfully lead clients through the Honest Conversations® and Money Mind® process resulting in gathering significant and pertinent data as it relates to the client’s entire financial life.
▪ Maintain a thorough understanding of United Capital Financial Advisers, Inc., Guidance delivery process including Money Mind®, Honest Conversations® and the 6-Step Process.
▪ Demonstrate the ability to knowledgeably communicate a client’s financial situation and reasoning to support the development of a proposed financial plan including potential benefits and drawbacks as a result of recommendations included in the plan under the limited oversight of a Managing Director of Wealth Adviser.
▪ Maintain a thorough understanding of the client’s situation resulting in the ability to review each deliverable with the client, including Investment performance with limited oversight of the Managing Director or Wealth Adviser.
▪ Lead internal client case prep meetings to provide knowledge and direction as it relates to the production of client deliverables.
▪ Maintain clear communication with clients relative to a minimum level of service and ongoing service expectations.
▪ Proactively identify client issues and/or opportunities identified as a result of having an intimate knowledge of the client’s entire financial life.
Client Relationship Management:
▪ Establish and maintain positive relationships with existing firm clients to ensure a superior level of client satisfaction.
▪ Actively document all notes and action items during client meetings (or as provided by the MD, WA, or WM) and ensure all commitments are being completed in a timely manner. Process Management:
▪ Review task assignments for each client and work directly with the appropriate team members to ensure all follow up and action items are documented in Salesforce and completed within the specified time frames.
▪ Responsible for reviewing statements, forecasting review data, developing agenda formats, creating presentations, case documentation and deliverables for assigned clients.
▪ Communicate all client paperwork/document requests to the Client Service Team.
▪ Submit all operations processing requests (new accounts, maintenance, transfer of assets, cash movements, and internal transfers/journals) to the Client Service Team.
▪ Communicate status updates for each request either directly to the client or to the appropriate MD, WA, or WM as directed.
▪ Follow up with appropriate parties to make sure requests are fulfilled in a timely manner; escalate appropriately Professional Growth & Development:
▪ Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Regional Office’s ideal client and target market resulting in the successful initial screening of prospects.
▪ Actively participate in the development, coaching and training of other Relationship Managers across United Capital.
III. POSITION SPECIFICATIONS Experience and Education:
▪ A Bachelor's degree is required.
▪ Must have 5-7 years or more of working as a Relationship Manager, Case Manager, Paraplanner or in positions that have progressive notable achievements; including successfully working on projects in a financial firm.
▪ Comprehensive knowledge of financial industry.
▪ Series 7 and Series 66 OR Series 65 and the Certified Financial PlannerTM designation is highly desired.
Skills and Knowledge:
▪ Demonstrates analytical ability, good judgment, problem solving, responsibility, personal integrity, and is able to deal with confidential information on a daily basis.
▪ A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, positive professional attitude and demeanor.
▪ Must be able to exercise judgment, tact, and diplomacy on behalf of supervisors when dealing with other executives and levels of management.
▪ Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
▪ Proficient in Google Apps
▪ Experience in Salesforce highly desired.
▪ Excellent customer service, good oral and written communication skills.
▪ Professional and articulate with strong attention to detail.
▪ Ability to work efficiently, effectively and independently to see projects through to conclusion. ▪ Excellent time management, strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential problems.
© Greenspring Associates