We believe in differentiating our capital.
« View all jobs
Principal Member of Technical Staff, Cell Engineering
San Jose, CA, US
Apply for this job
We're looking for a hands-on engineer with the stamina and determination to help us get to the next generation battery development who uses a structured approach to problem solving.
As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will be the primary product technical contact with component suppliers, pilot line and manufacturing plant and internal team, will be proficient all technical aspects of the cell designs and interaction with battery systems and able to function proficiently in a dynamic environment.
In this Role:
You will accountable for all cell design release deliverables. Your responsibilities will include:
- Conceptualizing and developing cell designs that meet performance, safety, cost, yield and reliability requirements
- Applying seasoned judgment to suggest approaches that optimize both, product and process requirements, business constraints and physical feasibility. Articulating and defending design concepts, engineering data, and technical analyses
- Preparing and executing to design release timing plans
- Conduct design feasibility analysis for new product
- Preparing product and process related documentation such as BOM, PFD、FMEA and product specifications.
Experience and education
- BS in Mechanical, Chemical, or Materials Engineering, or closely related discipline
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a similar role
Skills & Abilities Knowledge:
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization; clearly and logically able to convey ideas and thought processes, both verbally and in writing
- Equally effective working independently and as part of a team
Knowledge and Experience in any of the following are a strong plus!
- Successfully leading the development of complex technical products for high volume manufacture
- Comprehensive expertise in energy storage technology; cell design, electrochemistry, cell failure analysis, and electrode design
- Deep understanding of the latest TEM, SEM, FIB (Focused Ion Beam) instrumentation & material characterization techniques
Apply for this job
Partner Company Sign In
© Greenspring Associates