We believe in differentiating our capital.
The incumbent is responsible for coordinating the environment and social initiatives
and the compliance to law and regulatory requirements of the d.light operating
locations; and developing, implementing, monitoring organizational ESG
The incumbent works with the HR teams and business leaders across all regions.
1. Monitor the effectiveness of implementation the appropriate ESG
management system (Policies, Process, Procedures and Guides) and provide
for their updating in line with changes in laws, regulations and corporate
2. Review corporate activities and ensure compliance with ESG Policies,
Management Plans and Procedures;
3. Provide guidance and advice to the Country HR teams on the requirements
of identifying and implementing local ESG related laws and regulations and
monitor the compliance;
4. Supports the Management in driving the education, communication and
implementation of the ESG management system across the company.
Environmental, Health and Safety Role
1. Support the leadership in developing and implementing proper management
system for improving the overall EHS performance of the company;
2. Develop and steward a robust suite of EHS related management system in
line with international standards and guidelines;
3. Implement and monitor the EHS management system, plans and safe work
4. Coordinate implementation of the site, warehouse, laboratory and office
EHS plan in accordance with company policies and procedures;
5. Provide safety practices and policy training to appropriate site, warehouse,
laboratory and office personnel, and ensure relevant employees and
contractors receive appropriate training;
6. Develop, implement, monitor and review the corporate emergency
preparedness response plan;
7. Ensure that emergency preparedness and response plans are developed,
documented, implemented and tested;
8. Takes part in accident / incident investigation and carries out analysis of
statistics and suggesting improvement plan;
9. Conducts EHS Operational Audits, analyze EHS data and records from all
countries to ensure the quality of implementation for the EHS management
10. May act as an EHS (Environment, Health and Safety) SME (Subject Matter
Expert) for external stakeholders.
Risk Management Role
1. Work with various business region to identify ESG related risks;
2. Develop the appropriate strategies to address the ESG risks and their
3. Carry out ESG risk assessments through the support from local Country HR
4. Prepare, organize, and maintain inspection records and investigates
complaints and suspected violations. Monitors follow-up actions in cases
where violations were found, and reviews compliance monitoring reports.
1. Bachelor’s degree and above, with professional qualifications in ESG/EHS and
Safety Management Systems, or related International Standards.
2. Best to have related work experience at multi-national company or above 5
years’ experience in Environment, Health and Safety management, should be
in a supervisory capacity in EHS related roles.
3. Working knowledge in EHS Management Systems, Environmental Discharges,
EHS Auditing Techniques etc.
4. Experience implementing OSHA(Occupational Safety and Health
Administration) programs, managing emergency response incidents,
implemented corrective actions, conducting or leading training in applicable
OSHA areas and evaluating programs, issuing recommendations etc.
5. Good training & communication skill, capable of developing and delivering ESG
related trainings indecently.
Competitive, Negotiable, as per prior experience of candidate.
d.light is a global leader and pioneer in delivering affordable solar-powered
solutions designed for the two billion people in the developing world without
access to reliable energy. d.light provides distributed solar energy solutions for households and small businesses that are transforming the way people all over
the world use and pay for energy. Through four hubs in Africa, China, South Asia
and the United States, d.light has sold over 20 million solar light and power
products in 65 countries, improving the lives of over 91 million people. d.light
is dedicated to providing the most reliable, affordable and accessible solar
lighting and power systems for the developing world and reaching 100 million
people by 2020.
© Greenspring Associates