We believe in differentiating our capital.
We're conceiving and designing "what's next" in our industry and you'll be working in a startup
kind of environment with a small team of skilled engineers creating a big impact in our business.
In this role, the Senior Embedded Systems Firmware Engineer will work within the entire product
process for embedded systems firmware, and intensively collaborate with multiple teams and
groups globally including Product testing and Production teams, etc.
1. Design, implement, debug, document, test, and maintain real-time embedded systems
2. Firmware architecture design and contribute to products innovation;
3. Develop requirements and test protocols for products;
4. Work with external teams and support of in-house and external product testing and
production; from idea creation to the mass production stages.
Successful Candidate Profile
1. 10+ years of hands-on firmware development experience from an architecture perspective;
2. Strong experience with embedded C, other high level and scripting languages appreciated ;
3. Comfortable working at a hardware level with digital and analog electronics ;
4. Familiar with signal conditioning (digital filters, control loops) ;
5. Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems, FreeRTOS is a plus ;
6. Strong communication skills, respect and willing to collaborate with people with
7. Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
Compensation and Benefits: Very competitive compensation and benefits package.
d.light is a global leader and pioneer in delivering affordable solar-powered solutions designed for the
two billion people in the developing world without access to reliable energy. d.light provides distributed
solar energy solutions for households and small businesses that are transforming the way people all
over the world use and pay for energy. Through four hubs in Africa, China, South Asia and the United
States, d.light has sold close to twenty million solar light and power products in 62 countries, improving
the lives of over 80 million people.
Our Mission: To create a brighter future by making clean energy products universally available and
Our Goal: Will have helped to transform the lives of 100 million people by 2020.
Our Values: i.HOPE – Innovative, Honest, Optimistic, Passionate, and Empathetic.
In 2004, Peace Corps volunteer Sam Goldman's fifteen-year-old neighbor was badly burned in a
kerosene accident in Benin, Africa. Sam knew there had to be better, safer ways to power homes and
businesses in the developing world. After returning to North America from the Peace Corps, Sam
enrolled in Stanford’s Entrepreneurial Design for Extreme Affordability class, where he met co-founder
Ned Tozun. In 2006, Ned and Sam founded d.light, developing the initial prototype solar lantern and an
ambitious plan to bring safe, bright, clean lighting and power to people around the globe. d.light’s first
commercial solar product made its debut in the marketplace in 2008.
© Greenspring Associates