We believe in differentiating our capital.
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences, and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
At Groupon, we know that great people make great companies. We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have the resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
The Data Curation Platform team at Groupon is at the heart of all things “data”, working on defining and building the next-generation cloud based platform to curate peta bytes of raw data into a canonicalised/curated form. This role offers a unique combination of skills in computer science (distributed systems, big data) and scalable, high-performance production systems. We enable Groupon wide data governance while helping data engineers, data scientists and business analysts.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
● Conceive, code, and launch the next-generation in Groupon’s data curation platform
● Canonicalisation of various structures/forms of data for all data customers
● Put your strong background in high-performance distributed systems, big data, analytics, and large-scale software design to good use.
● Use big data technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Apache Beam, Storm, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, HBase.
● Provide subject matter expertise on AWS related data technologies and automation.
● Collaborate with cross-functional agile teams of software engineers, data engineers, ML experts, and others in building new product features
Some things we are looking for:
● MS/PhD in Computer Science, with 4+ years of experience in distributed systems, data engineering, algorithms or similar field. We will also consider strong BS candidates with related background and experience.
● Strong coding skills in a language such as Java/Scala/Python etc.
● Industry experience in data engineering tools and frameworks.
● Rigor and robustness in coding and design, thorough understanding of performance trade-offs.
● This is not just a classic software engineer position! It requires a passion for building platforms, a desire to go into uncharted territory with bold new ideas, and a willingness to go the last mile on execution!
Groupon's purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world's largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don't take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that's a great fit for you, then click apply and let's see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon's Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.
© Greenspring Associates