We believe in differentiating our capital.
« View all jobs
Associate Member of Technical Staff, Metrology
San Jose, CA, US
Apply for this job
We’re on a mission to electrify cars by building the next generation of energy storage technology! Do you want to make a major contribution to this critical part of the future energy economy? As a member of the metrology team, you will help us develop and build advanced measurement and imaging systems for collecting high velocity data predictive of battery performance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop critical component level measurements and tests that scale.
- Build prototype measurement systems, fixtures and assemblies for testing.
- Collaborate with hardware and process team members to integrate methods into our production line.
- Collect and analyze metrology data for the purposes of establishing measurement principles and monitoring performance.
- Develop SOPs, educate and train technical team members
- Survey measurement technologies and approaches
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated and have a track record of learning new skills and applying those to achieve results.
- Thrive in a dynamic, technically-challenging environment, and quickly adapt to changes.
- A good communicator and enjoy working as part of a collaborative team to tackle complex challenges.
- Have strong attention to detail and organization.
- Able to multi-task with excellent time management; strive to root cause complex problems.
- Share a real passion for our mission.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Professional or academic experience analyzing data with statistical software tools (Python, R, JMP, MySQL).
- Previous experience using measurement, imaging, or characterization systems.
- Experience with basic concepts of mechanical design.
Previous experience in any of the following:
- Machine vision instrumentation (configuration, testing, and/or image analysis)
- Sensors (optical, acoustic, thermal)
- Measurement systems analysis, statistical process control, and design of experiments
- Rapid prototyping of electromechanical systems
Apply for this job
Partner Company Sign In
© Greenspring Associates