At Bloomreach, you will develop tools and ideas to improve our automated testing for our Digital Experience Cloud product. This position will be focused on test automation for backend processes primarily written in Java or Go and the HTTP / REST APIs exposed by these processes. You will primarily help us to improve our existing frameworks for unit and integration testing, with a smaller fraction of your time building test cases for complex integration scenarios. You will be an advocate for quality within our engineering team, working with other QA and DevOps engineers to build on our delivery pipelines and embedded in a Scrum team delivering new product features.
If you are as passionate as we are about test automation and working with Java and Cloud Software (AWS / Kubernetes), we would love to know more about you!
- Build test frameworks and fixtures for other developers to use
- Advise other team members on effective unit and integration testing
- Maintain existing automated tests with the other developers on the team
- Lead larger QA-related projects, such as planning for performance tests
- Actively participate in Scrum meetings and the QA Community of Practice
- Help us to deliver awesome software to customers!
The ideal candidate has
- Proovable experience with testing technical applications
- 5+ years of software testing experience in Java
- Knowledge of QA processes and methodologies
- Knowledge in Unix environments
- Experience with AWS or GCE or Azure and/or Kubernetes
- Strong scripting skills in at least one high level programming language
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Key technology experience in areas such as REST, JSON
- University degree, CS preferred
- Fluent in English
- Proactive and outspoken
What we offer
- Competitive salary (including a yearly discretionary bonus)
- Working in the center of Amsterdam
- State of the art laptop of your choice (e.g. MacBook Pro/Lenovo P50)
- Stock options
- 50/50 pension scheme
- Fully reimbursed bike or public transport travel expenses
- Bi-weekly massages
- Focus on your development
- Water gun fights, summer parties, table football, bring your pet to work day, etc.
You’ll love our flat, non-hierarchical structure, open(-source) mentality, our commitment to excellence and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.
Only applications of people with a valid working permit for the Netherlands are taken into consideration.