Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGO, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our customer success organization. That’s where you come in.
This is a leadership role with the Pantheon Support team. You get to spend each day leveraging your technical chops combined with management experience to significantly improve premium customers’ support experience.
You will be managing a team of top technical talents who are dedicated support engineers to premium enterprise customers. The ideal candidate will be resourceful, articulate, have good writing skills, and enjoy working as a team to deliver top-quality support.
Cool Stuff You'll Do
- Lead and mentor premium technical support teams. Set team priorities and guide resources as they troubleshoot issues raised from front line support.
- Work with the product management and engineering teams to ensure resolution to critical issues.
- Identify trends and research themes to advocate for holistic solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Find opportunities for improved educational materials and documentation to reduce the need for escalated support.
- Recruit and manage resources for team growth and expansion.
What You Bring To The Table
- 5-10 years experience in related fields, with expertise in SaaS
- Demonstrated experience running support organizations
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries to solve issues
- Comfortable analyzing data to develop hypotheses and communicate ideas
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and guide teams to support the larger mission of the organization
- People motivation and development skills
- Plans and makes decisions within the framework of the company strategy with the knowledge and understanding of factors influencing strategy
Bonus Points for
- Drupal and/or WordPress open-source member
- Regular attendee at Drupal Camps and/or WordCamps
- Previous experience doing IT or tech support
- Experience configuring Kubernetes, nginx and Varnish
- Experience with edge cloud platforms such as Fastly or Cloudflare
- Knowledge of Pantheon platform, Terminus, Solr, Redis, New Relic, Quicksilver, Git
- Experience performance tuning MySQL and PHP
- Security best practices knowledge
Cool Stuff You'll Get in Return
We have all the usual benefits and perks you'd expect from a high tech company, but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team. And oh yeah, some other things to note:
- Fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team
- Unlimited vacation
- Dog-friendly office (SF)
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Monthly gym and book allowance
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Fully loaded kitchen and daily catered lunches (SF, NY, MN)
- Discounts on custom bicycles (the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle)
- Pantheon recently closed its Series D funding ($40m)
- Pantheon is one of America’s Best Workplaces of 2018
- Pantheon earns Top 10 Ranking in “Best Software Awards” by G2 Crowd
- Pantheon actively sponsors programs like the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 19)
Pantheon complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
No Visa sponsorship at this time.