We believe in differentiating our capital.
Grow as a developer by building things that help local businesses around the world
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of
building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a
vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re
positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with
thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that
inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more
ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Are you a passionate, energetic and technology enthusiast eager to work at a rapid pace
with the flexibility to work across our suite of technologies? Are you are a problem solver;
someone who enjoys debugging code, resolving issues, and creating solutions for common
problems? Do you get a little obsessed with the details?
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team to support and evolve the design,
implementation, and operational support of internal systems that span business side and
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and
scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can
make a significant impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with
helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
Our development ecosystem:
Java, RxJava, VerX, Spring
REST, JSON, Swagger/Open API
You’ll spend time on the following:
• You will develop highly scalable applications for the Groupon microservice ecosystem
• You will collaborate with teams in other organization to ensure that required business
features and compliance rules are implemented effectively
• Build service artifacts, plan deployment, coordinate timeline and tasks with project
management and teams
• Improve service stability by identifying critical service specific metrics, setting
meaningful alerting thresholds, and automating alerting responses
• Create and maintain documentation for your projects
• Mentor junior engineers
• Drive the discussion and decisions of technical topics related to the team
We’re excited about you if you have:
• BS, MS or PhD in Computer Sciences or related fields with 8+ years in software
• Excellent coding skills in Java, J2EE Frameworks like Spring.
• Experience with relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL etc
• Strong knowledge in Algorithms and Data Structure.
• Experience in HLD and LLD
• Thrives in a dynamic environment, using agile methodologies
• Is detail-oriented and has creative problem-solving skills
• Has excellent written and oral communication skills
• Using service oriented architecture (SOA) you will build/test for scale, performance
• Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDb, Redis, HBase, Cassandra etc.
• Experience with e-commerce is a plus.
• Solid knowledge with relational databases
• Good communication and collaboration skills
We value engineers who are:
• Customer-focused: We believe that doing what’s right for the customer is ultimately
what will drive our business forward.
• Obsessed with Quality: Your Production code Just Works & scales linearly
• Team players. You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback
and also provide encouraging feedback to help others grow/improve.
• Fast learners: We are willing to disrupt our existing business to trial new products and
solutions. You love learning how to use new technologies and then rapidly apply them
to new problems.
• Pragmatic: We do things quickly to learn what our customers desire. You know when
it’s appropriate to take shortcuts that don’t sacrifice quality or maintainability.
• Owners: Engineers at Groupon know how to positively impact the business.
Groupon's purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world's largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don't take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that's a great fit for you, then click apply and let's see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon's Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.
© Greenspring Associates