We believe in differentiating our capital.
The Finance Engineering team develops and manages a global disbursement platform that pays merchants in nearly 30 countries representing Groupon’s largest markets. Our business partners include representatives of all of the major business lines and products at Groupon as well as functional teams in accounting and finance across the world. When you buy almost anything on Groupon–a television, a few nights at a hotel, a restaurant reservation, a ticket to a concert–our platform figures out how much we owe the merchant and makes sure that money gets to their bank account quickly and correctly.
The disbursement platform is a set of integrated services built with Ruby and Clojure running on the JVM via JBoss and backed by PostgreSQL, Memcached, and Redis. Our functional business partners manage platform operations through a single page Ember.js app.
The most exciting aspect of the platform is its scale, with tens-of-millions of service requests, over three-hundred-thousand requests per minute at peak, hundreds-of-thousands of merchant payments made amounting to billions of dollars, all orchestrated with more than fifty other services at Groupon. All of this and we must get it right. It’s a huge challenge.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will work on the Merchant Payments Platform and integration with the other platform services to ensure high reliability, availability, performance and operational readiness of the Merchant Payments Platform.
So who are we looking for? You’re passionate about finding and fixing problems and getting great results. You love building automation and tools that allow us to increase our test coverage, automate processes and speed up our release cycles. We like to catch issues as early as possible in the development process. You have an incredible eye for detail and love working with a group of highly talented engineers.
You’ll spend time on the following:
● Architect and implement automation frameworks that allow us to validate RESTful services
● Work on test tools that are leveraged across the company for test data creation, monitoring, compliance testing, etc.
● Research emerging test tools, trends, and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes
● Act as a test lead in various work streams working closely with PMs, devs and collaborate across teams
● Help define and improve our testing and release processes
● Mentor other SDETs on test methodologies, test automation, coding standards, and best practices through code reviews and designing test plans
● Provide support for platform related issues; triage and troubleshoot issues reported by other teams to help with early resolution
Our development ecosystem:
● Languages: Ruby, Clojure, Java
● Frameworks/Tools: Rails, Swagger, DropWizard
● CI/CD: Maven, Gradle, Jenkins
● GitHub, JIRA
We’re excited about you if you have:
● B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science and equivalent experience
● 4+ years experience in production software development and testing
● You have experience with one or more object-oriented programming language, like Java, C#, C++, or Ruby
● You have hands-on experience with test frameworks like TestNG, JUnit, RSpec, etc
● You’re proficient in writing REST API automation tests including client generation, customizing request payloads, request/response logging, response verification etc.
● You have CI/CD experience; including exposure to build tools such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins/Travis, GOCD etc
● You have sound knowledge of applying computer science concepts (efficient design patterns, algorithms and data structures)
● You have a clear understanding of testing methodologies and best practices
● You’re an expert in writing unit, integration tests, and system level tests
● You have solid communication and collaboration skills
We value engineers who are:
● Customer-focused: We believe that doing what’s right for the customer is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
● Obsessed with quality: Your production code just works and scales linearly
● Team players. You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
● Fast learners: We are willing to disrupt our existing business to trial new products and solutions. You love learning how to use new technologies and then rapidly apply them to new problems.
● Pragmatic: We do things quickly to learn what our customers desire. You know when it’s appropriate to take shortcuts that don’t sacrifice quality or maintainability.
● Owners: Engineers at Groupon know how to positively impact the business.
Groupon's purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world's largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don't take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that's a great fit for you, then click apply and let's see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon's Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.
© Greenspring Associates