We believe in differentiating our capital.
« View all jobs
Director of Accounting / Controller
Kennesaw, GA, US
Apply for this job
CAN Capital has over 20 years’ experience and has provided access to over $7 Billion in working capital to over 81,000 small businesses nationwide. We are industry pioneers leveraging decades of data and intelligence to deliver access to innovative funding products that meet small businesses' need for speed and convenience. We are one of the only alternative finance company that has helped customers through numerous economic cycles, from the bursting of the Internet bubble in 2000 to the Great Recession, and from the long bull market to the current volatility. The funding solutions to which we provide range from $2,500 to $250,000 and are delivered by a best-in-class team. For over two decades we have helped businesses manage cash flow, purchase inventory, upgrade technology, renovate, expand and most importantly, grow. We were founded and exist to help small businesses succeed.
CAN Capital has an immediate opening for a Director of Accounting/Controller. This role will lead a team of 3-4 accounting professionals and manage the monthly accounting close process. In addition, the Director of Accounting/Controller will be the point person to ensure CAN Capital is in compliance with all US GAAP and financial reporting requirements.
* Establish and maintain strong accounting policies and procedures and effective internal controls
* Drive monthly accounting close process and manage accounting team of 3-4 individuals
* Preparation of monthly journal entries including revenue, loss reserve, stock compensation, asset sale transactions, and any other
* Review of all monthly journal entries in Oracle Fusion including review of monthly accounting transactions for the Costa Rica entity
* Preparation and reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements including quarterly statements of cash flow and annual
statements of equity
* Manage the annual GAAP audit process with external auditors and ensure timely completion
* Ensure CAN Capital remains current in applying existing and new accounting pronouncements and is in compliance with U.S. GAAP;
prepare memos and technical memorandums for new pronouncements or transactions
* Maintain the general ledger and chart of accounts; work with IT administrator to address and resolve any issues with Oracle Fusion and Smartview software
* Performs regular reviews of accounting processes, identifies trends, issues and opportunities and pro-actively works to improve workflows
* Advise and interact with CFO on technical and complex transactions
* Proactively work with operations and IT to address and resolve operational accounting issues and/or reporting issues
* Complete any ad-hoc requests for CFO including financial reporting requests, analytics, technical accounting research or preparation of
technical memorandums on proposed and/or completed transactions
* Undergraduate degree in accounting required, CPA preferred
* 7+ years’ accounting experience with 3+ years’ accounting month end close experience required
* Public accounting is highly preferred
* Deep technical understanding of accounting processes and internal controls
* Financial Services experience highly desirable
* Experience with Oracle Fusion and Smartview preferred, but not required
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Proven ability to lead people: hiring, developing, talent management
* High level of intellectual curiosity to understand the status quo
* Drive for continuous improvement with ability to plan and execute accounting process changes
* High level of attention to detail
* Proven ability to take initiative, and execute on deliverables in a timely fashion Ability to communicate with Senior Executives across the organization
CAN Capital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
CAN Capital offers a very competitive total rewards package that is effective
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401K + company match
* Generous time off package
* HSA and FSA options, etc.
* Benefits package kicks in DAY 1 of employment!
Apply for this job
Partner Company Sign In
© Greenspring Associates