Small business success begins with better banking. That’s where we come in. BlueVine is a leader in small business banking - providing smart, fast and easy-to-use solutions specifically designed with small business owners in mind. We’ve helped 20,000+ businesses since we started in 2013, funding more than $2.5 billion in working capital through our pioneering online platform. Headquartered in Redwood City, CA (across the RWC CalTrain station), BlueVine is backed by leading investors including Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, Citi Ventures, SVB Financial, Nationwide Insurance, M12 (Microsoft’s Venture Arm).
We are looking for an outstanding Python Infrastructure Engineer to join our team and help build the next generation of business financing solutions. The ideal candidate is a strong developer with in depth understanding of production environments and data needs, a true people’s person with passion for building the next generation of data science infrastructure.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build, evolve, and scale state-of-the-art machine learning system infrastructure powering Bluevine’s data.
- Be a key engineer contributing to the design, development and operation of large-scale infrastructure systems.
- Work with other Machine learning/deep learning researchers and backend engineers to implement scalable solutions to solve complex problems.
- Use data to understand the availability, reliability, and sustainability of our infrastructure
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Programming experience in Python - 3+ years
- Strong Linux experience
- Experience leading projects and solving challenging technical problems by acquiring insights into a broad range of topics and by identifying relevant technologies.
PLUS BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience with the core technologies we use: Docker, Airflow, Jenkins, Pandas and ML libraries (scikit learn, xgboost, etc.).
- Experience with AWS: RDS, Redshift, Neptune DB, ECS, Sagemaker, etc.
- Experience in relational and graph DBs performance tuning and troubleshooting.