Bloomreach is the leader in digital and commerce experience™. Our flagship product, brX, is the only digital experience platform built specifically for brands, retailers and B2B companies who want to grow their revenue online while delivering each of their customers a premium, personalized experience. brX is the only platform that combines content and experience management with market-leading, AI-driven search, merchandising and personalization together in one efficient, modern platform.
Bloomreach serves over 250 companies globally including Neiman Marcus, CapitalOne, Staples, NHS Digital, Bosch, Puma, and Marks & Spencer. A global network of certified partners includes Accenture Interactive, WPP, and market-leading commerce platforms.
Bloomreach is solving one of the digital world’s most fundamental problems: helping people instantly find what they are looking for and what they might be interested in. We are seeking an experienced Solr Performance and Scalability Engineer to join our core Search Quality team to help us improve the quality as well as the scalability and stability of our search platform in the cloud. In this role, you’ll work with a passionate, versatile, and collaborative team, tackling through problems as we continue to push our technology forward. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to influence and implement architectural solutions that will enable us to achieve our goal of being the world’s most trusted digital experience platform.
Who you are:
- You are curious with a desire to understand how Bloomreach evolves and why our semantic search engine is leading the industry
- You are happy, the work is challenging, but you always put a smile on your face
- You are honest even if it means having to share bad news or disagree with a team member
- You are motivated and willing to do whatever it takes to honor your commitment and get the job done
- You are humble, always open-minded, eager to learn from others, and focus on the WE instead of I
- You are team-oriented and find fulfillment working in a highly collaborative team environment with like-minded individuals to drive the company forward
- You are business savvy, able to sort through diverse requirements from different customers and consolidate them into common use cases
- Understand responsibility of different teams within Bloomreach and how they work together to bring customers from integration kick-off to go-live
- Learn how Bloomreach’s Intelligent Index and various Solr plugins work together to deliver the Bloomreach search platform and experience
- Profile, understand, and document performance characteristics of the existing system in terms of Solr latency, system scalability and deployment guidelines
- Work and collaborate with Solutions Architecture and Product teams to understand various use cases and translate them into product requirements for system scalability
- Lead Solr infrastructure improvements to handle large scale merchant feeds and deployments to satisfy performance requirements
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 8+ years of software development experience with Java and Python, strong in algorithms and software architecture
- 5+ years experience building large scale Solr/Lucene search infrastructure in a multi-tenant cloud environment (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Solr/Lucene search technology, Apache Solr open source committer status is desirable but not required
- E-commerce domain search experience is desirable but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with distributed teams to articulate problems and build consensus around proposed solutions
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered the property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.