As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
The Media Operations Analyst will be an integral part of the Revenue Operations group, responsible for building and standardizing a suite of reporting and tools to maximize efficiency across the sales as well as multiple parts of the organization. This role will play a critical role in maintaining a framework for reporting, strategic planning, and supporting sales and revenue operations leadership. This role will work closely with the Ad Operations team, Account Management team, Direct Sales team and external teams. Both daily and long-term responsibilities will include:
What You’ll Do:
- Support the revenue organization with regular analytics and insights across core business metrics including inventory utilization, revenue pacing and product sales.
- Create, maintain and provide account activity insights to sales leadership using CRM dashboards.
- Co-owner of business intelligence systems set up to provide the revenue organization with insights and help ensure quality in/output.
- Support revenue workflow, work with sales leaders, marketing, Vox Creative and operations to optimize existing processes.
- Track new revenue initiatives with supporting research and regular progress to inform success of projects and next steps.
- Support ongoing ad hoc revenue projects and partnerships
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the Revenue Operations organization to ensure consistent reporting standards and processes
What You’ll Bring:
- BA/BS preferred with strong academic record
- 1-2 years of digital media experience
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of client services, advertising operations, and ad serving.
- Solid understanding of digital advertising metrics and the current industry trends
- Familiarity with Operative, DFP/GAM, Google Analytics, Salesforce
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and mediate a large volume of demands and requests
- Smart and quick proactive learner with organizational agility and strong attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to learn and do whatever is needed to see a project through to completion
- Have an entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial mindset.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.