WHO WE ARE
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an industry-leading on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still the leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of more than 240,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
WHAT WE DO
The Director of Procurement will lead the Postmates procurement function. This role will focus on maximizing the value of third party purchases across the organization. Our ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, project management skills, business acumen, contract knowledge, and negotiation skills. This person must be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners while influencing sound business decisions. This person reports to the Senior Vice President, Finance.
- Own the Postmates purchasing policy and processes and collaborate with cross-functional business partners to optimize organizational spend
- Evaluate Company spend on a regular basis to help prioritize sourcing initiatives and saving opportunities
- Lead new vendor initiatives and be the link across Legal, Finance, Accounting, and other key business partners in the procurement process, including vendor selection and contract/pricing negotiations
- Streamline vendor on-boarding policies and manage approved vendor list
- Become an expert and administrator for the Postmates Coupa procurement system, including but not limited to managing workflows, systems updates, approval hierarchies, billing setup, and user permissions
- Assist and train user community with P2P process for submitting a PO request, and continually advise business partners on best practices
- Partner with AP resolve any vendor, PO, and invoicing issues
- Manage open PO and pending invoices reports
- Exceptional relationship building skills that include experience working with and influencing senior management and comfort negotiating with senior executives from the vendors’ side
- Strong communications skills and ability to work effectively across various internal departments
- Strong negotiations skills to gain best pricing and business terms
- Motivated problem solver and strategic thinker
- Ability to exercise judgment and operate independently
- Proactive thinker and drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to prioritize details, communicate quickly, and manage the flow of information in a fast-paced environment
OUR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years experience with procurement or purchasing experience
- 5+ years of strategic sourcing management experience in technology (AWS, Hardware, SaaS, Telecom), marketing, and professional services
- Strong understanding of the sourcing and procure-to-pay processes, including but not limited to: AP automation, eProcurement, invoicing, and strategic sourcing
- Experience in a fast-paced and growing company with strong change agility
- Experience with Coupa strongly preferred
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with:
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan.
- Access to the Postmates 401(k) plan.
- 100% coverage for employees medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 95% coverage for dependents medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for qualified out-of-pocket health care costs.
- Flexible time off policy under which Postmates will not limit paid time off for vacations or to handle personal affairs.
- 3 days paid time to volunteer through CivicLabs and positively impact the communities we serve.
- Generous parental leave including flexible transition plans, Postmates meal credit, and subsidized access to the Milk Store, Urban Sitter, and Concern.
- Free and confidential counseling resources through an Employee Assistance Program.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits for parking or transit fees.
- A free subscription to Postmates Unlimited.
- Catered lunches, open snack bar, and subsidized Postmates Pickup meals.