We believe in differentiating our capital.
An ideal candidate has significant experience working for a large multi-state title agent or underwriter. They are familiar with title search and examination standards for various states and underwriters. They understand underwriting risk decisions and can recommend alternatives for clearing title issues quickly. They create a good balance between speed of production and quality and completeness of the examination process. They can also assist in the design of documentation, job aids and P&Ps.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review title search package and preliminary commitment
- Ensure all matters evident in the search package are adequately reflected on the commitment
- Using sound underwriting judgement and standard industry practice, eliminate requirements and clear any issues prior to commitment delivery
- Apply state and underwriter MIA guidelines within the exam process
- Identify any title curative issues such as any senior interests, FTLs, judgments, defective foreclosures and property tax issues.
- Initiate curative tasks in the system. Track and clear curatives
- Work with title underwriters to clear complex curative matters
- Assist in the development of work processes including document templates, workflow actions, triggers, and task assignments
- Provide guidance to training team in the development of P&Ps
- Develop procedures for title policy issuance
- Perform root cause analysis for any issue leading to a title claim, escrow loss, or customer dissatisfaction
- Key operating metric
– Title claims expense as a ratio of title premium revenue
You have excellent communication skills and ability to work cohesively with other team members. You have sound underwriting judgement and can provide clear direction with well-reasoned decision making ability You carry yourself professionally and represent Zillow Offers and Zillow Group both internally and externally.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
© Greenspring Associates