WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 4000+ cities with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
WHAT WE DO
The Postmates Delivery as a Service Business Development team is looking for an experienced team member to forge and expand our relationships with our merchant partners and drive significant value for the company. As a Business Development Manager, you will expand Postmates’ Delivery-as-a-Service footprint with national partners.
This role is part consultant, part partnerships, and part sales. You’ll learn about our partners and prescribe the best way to leverage the Postmates Delivery as a Service API to best fit their needs and their technical environment. The right person for this role must be determined when it comes to achieving their goals and closing deals. You don’t need to be technical but you do need to be a fast learner who is curious about using technology to build business solutions. The Delivery as a Service BD team is a nascent team at the Postmates - you will help forge the strategy with the team based on your past experience, as well as the data that you encounter in the role.
- Prioritize and evaluate partnership opportunities based on strategic and financial criteria
- Develop relationships with potential partners, including presenting the Postmates story to audiences of all types
- Run the entire deal process, including prospecting, developing, negotiating and closing agreements with top partners
- Own the partnerships you sign by staying on top of their launch progress and acting as a point of escalation for them within the company
- Work cross-functionally with our Product, Operations, Account Management and Legal teams to ensure partners have the best possible experience when joining the Postmates platform
- 5+ years in business development or sales roles
- Business mindset with ability to understand both strategic and technical aspects of a deal
- Previous experience building partnerships with or selling into large, national retailers
- (Required) Previous experience with Software-as-a-Service, APIs and comfort with technical concepts. Ability to work with engineers and product leaders to craft solutions
- Comfortable concurrently managing many opportunities on short time horizons
- Outstanding communication skills
- MBA, Consulting or Banking experience a plus but not required
OUR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with:
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan.
- Access to the Postmates 401(k) plan.
- 100% coverage for employees' medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 95% coverage for dependents' medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for qualified out-of-pocket health care costs.
- Flexible time off policy under which Postmates will not limit paid time off for vacations or to handle personal affairs. (Salaried US Employees)
- 16 days' paid time off and 7 days' paid sick leave (Hourly US Employees; amount of paid sick leave depends on state).
- 3 days' paid time to volunteer through CivicLabs and positively impact the communities we serve.
- Generous parental leave including flexible transition plans, Postmates meal credit, and subsidized access to the Milk Store, Urban Sitter, and Concern.
- Free and confidential counseling resources through an Employee Assistance Program.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits for parking or transit fees.
- A free subscription to Postmates Unlimited.
- Catered lunches, open snack bar, and subsidized Postmates Pickup meals.