WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 3500+ cities with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
WHAT WE DO
Postmates runs one of the largest marketplaces in the country, connecting consumers, merchants, and Postmates in real-time. Postmates isn’t just another ad platform or mobile app for delivering static user generated content: We have real customers paying real money for a real service. Our business moves products, money, and people in the real world and poses challenging risk problems.
As a Risk Analyst You Will:
- Protect our users and marketplace against incredibly sophisticated and competent adversaries
- Mine our enormous data to develop signals, detection methods, and real time rules
- Help develop machine learning models
- Conduct investigations to detect enemies who will do anything to avoid detection
- Evaluate, improve, and create new defenses
We are looking for a passionate analyst with a detective mindset, appetite for learning, and competitive spirit. This isn’t a dashboard job, this is war.
- 2-5 years of applied experience executing data mining and analysis in the risk domain
- Demonstrated experience in translating data into actionable signals and decisions
- Wizard level SQL
- Basic level Python
- Basic understanding of ML classification models
- Strong communication skills involving highly technical as well as theoretical subjects
- Comfortable and effective at juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast paced work environment.
- You are scrappy. You approach questions with a scientific rigor, but can execute pragmatically -- the simplest solution may be the best at times.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) required
- Experience in protecting accounts that have money in them and/or involve transactions in the real world
- Scientific education (Statistics, Operations Research, Math, Physics, Engineering …)