We believe in differentiating our capital.
« View all jobs
Senior Member of Technical Staff, Electrode Engineer
San Jose, CA, US
Apply for this job
You will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team and be accountable for aspects of electrode design. You will be the primary electrode technical contact with our component suppliers, pilot line, and manufacturing plant, as well as our internal team. You will be proficient in all technical aspects of the electrode designs and interaction with cell engineering and able to function proficiently in a dynamic environment.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Installing, monitoring and solving problems existing processes and equipment to make an electrode according to the product specification
- Develop and validate new mixing and coating processes for new products and requirements with engineering data and technical analysis
- A blend of mechanical and analytical expertise to design the tools and manufacturing processes that will meet demand, quality and cost targets
- Continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and optimization with a focus on safety and product quality.
- Communicate with vendors to design new equipment or fixtures
- Ownership of documentation for PFD, work instructions, PFMEA, training and maintenance recommendations
- Conduct design feasibility analysis for new product
Experience and education
- BS in Mechanical, Chemical, or Materials Engineering, or closely related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar role
SKILLS & ABILITIES KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization; clearly and logically able to convey ideas and thought processes, both verbally and in writing
- Equally effective working independently and as part of a team
- Deep understanding of the latest XRD, SEM, FIB (Focused Ion Beam) instrumentation & material characterization techniques
- Strong understanding of safety and thermochemical measurements, testing, fabrication and process optimization
Knowledge and Experience in any of the following are a strong plus!
- Successfully leading the development of complex technical products for high volume production
- Experience in PLC logic and programming with Alan Bradly and Mitsubishi
- Experience with Statistical Process Control, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and Design for Manufacturability
- Comprehensive expertise in cell design and electrochemistry
Apply for this job
Partner Company Sign In
© Greenspring Associates