WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 80% of US households with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
WHAT WE DO
Postmates relies heavily on our engineering team to realize this vision. Building a software platform that is reliable, scales, and stays agile under demanding product needs is a serious technical challenge. Postmates is a three-part balancing act connecting customers, merchants, and couriers in real-time. If any piece is out of whack, the whole system suffers. Working with the Postmates engineering team offers an opportunity with explosive growth, cutting-edge technology, a highly visible charter, and a cool user-focused product vision.
Postmates is looking for a technical IT Helpdesk/Desktop Manager who will be primarily responsible for the management of the team in the San Francisco Headquarters Office. You would assist in deployment, configuration, maintenance and support of a broad array of IT systems throughout all of our offices. The primary areas of responsibility include ensuring the team is operating in accordance with established procedures and practices. Monitors performance of support personnel, reviewing response times, problem logs, and trends in problems reported. Recommends strategies and/or hardware/software enhancements to increase team productivity. Hires and develops to ensure the efficient operation of the team.
Also responsible for the following:
- Tier 2 technical escalation point for desktop support team
- Advanced desktop support and network troubleshooting
- Scheduling and arranging coverage for their site
- Coordinating coverage with head of IT and other managers
- Ensuring site has sufficient support/coverage for day-to-day activities as well as special events.
- Provide support to Postmates employees and contractors via in-person, telephone calls, emails, and remote desktop sessions to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Coordinating with the Facilities and Executive Support teams to provide white-glove support for high-profile events and visitors
- Develop, refine, and implement processes to ensure the smooth and secure operation of the business.
- Develop and enforce policies and standards around computing hardware, software, and accounts.
- Assist with and implement small to medium projects to maintain and improve the operations of the IT team and Postmates
- Minimum 5 years experience as a supervisor, assistant manager, or manager leading direct reports
- providing coaching, mentoring, support, and constructive feedback
- drive accountability to timelines, deliverables, and metrics.
- Minimum 5 years experience handling customer escalations with patience and an eye towards finding a win-win outcome that is replicable and scalable.
- Minimum 3 years experience serving as the technical escalation point for a Tier 1/2 support team.
- Minimum 3 years in a desktop support or helpdesk role, providing Tier 1 support to internal or external customers.
- Experience troubleshooting MacOS and Windows 10 issues.
- Experience supporting and managing
- Corporate G-Suite
- Active Directory
- corporate conference rooms and their audio/visual collaboration equipment
- Other SaaS applications
- WiFi, Ethernet, LAN, and WAN networks
- Familiarity with change control concepts and procedures
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on assigned projects
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor during difficult escalation situations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels up to C-suite Executives
- Must be able to work occasional flexible hours to support company events, system maintenance windows, office moves, etc