WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 3500+ cities with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
We are seeking a Payroll Supervisor to contribute to our world-class hyper-growth organization.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the payroll process, organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and a system savvy team player with a variety of experience working in a fast-paced environment. The Payroll Manager will ensure the accuracy of preliminary payroll data, will research and resolve payroll issues, will manage and develop staff, all while providing a high level of customer service to all employees. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Review the processing of US and Canada semi-monthly payrolls, including salary, bonus, commissions, benefits and taxes to ensure that Postmates is compliant with federal, state, and local county regulations.
- Manage payroll team to ensure timely and accurate completion of company payroll and employee data.
- Maintains payroll staff by recruiting, training and mentoring employees.
- Manage audit procedures and reporting from ADP Workforce Now, Netsuite, & Expensify
- Build and manage strong working relationships with 3rd party providers and our internal Finance/Accounting team to resolve issues and drive end-to-end process improvements
- Maintain communication with payroll service providers regarding software updates and new products available to be able to initiate the use of new features
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies, working closely with the general ledger teams.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Support senior management and payroll/accounting team by performing various departmental payroll special projects as needed.
- Assist any internal and external audits as necessary.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Managing Processes, People Management, Data Entry Management, Reporting Skills, Compensation and Wage Structure, Benefits Administration, Worker Compensation, Employment Law, Developing Standards, Financial Skills, Accounting
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field preferred
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant work experience preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred
- Expertise of ADP payroll systems preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in business relationships
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office tools with a focus on excel
- Strong execution skills, advanced analytical skills, and accounting skills
- Strong time management skills with ability to handle multiple tasks and awareness of deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of international, federal, state, FICA and local tax withholdings laws and regulation