WHO WE ARE
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an industry-leading on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still the leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of more than 240,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
WHAT WE DO
As a member of the Talent Development team, you’ll work closely with the broader People organization and leaders across the company to develop and implement industry-leading talent development programs. This is a new role that requires a focus on building relationships, program management, facilitation and strong communication skills (verbal and written). You’ll manage Talent Development vendor relationships and system implementations including tracking program progress and timelines and evaluating effectiveness. This role reports to the Head of Talent Development.
This role is an opportunity for you to be involved in all aspects of our learning initiatives with a focus on how we can create the right learning solutions based on data. You are a connector, skilled at creating and maintaining positive and productive relationships with cross-functional partners. You must be an experienced project manager with a passion for helping others grow!
- Partner with our Human Resource Business Partners and People Leaders at all levels to understand learning and development needs and help create solutions through programming.
- Implement learning programs using multiple formats (classroom, e-learning, employee created learning, training programs, cross-functional job shadowing etc) that enable our employees and teams to be more effective in their roles.
- Manage Talent Development system implementations and vendor relationships.
- Track and report on key learning metrics and results. Analyze learning metrics to identify trends and opportunities, making recommendations where appropriate.
- Assist with learning gap analyses and needs assessments through surveys and focus groups, post-training knowledge checks and metrics analysis to determine the impact of programs.
- Facilitate learning solutions in either a physical classroom or virtual setting. Serve as a role model for excellent instructional facilitation and develop those capabilities in others.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of high priority learning projects from ideation through design, delivery, and measurement; outputs include facilitator guides, participant guides, decks and job aids.
- Demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency and adaptability in response to changing business needs.
- Experience/background in a fast-paced operations environment.
- Help us build a L&D culture that will scale with our growing team!
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
- Clear and effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills. Listens to others.
- Ability to quickly adapt to and lead others through change.
- Ability to navigate confidential information with professional maturity.
- Excellent prioritization, time management, and project management skills.
- Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to make recommendations.
- Proficient in Google Suite spreadsheets and web-enabled applications.
- A strong focus on internal customers’ needs and satisfaction, with an emphasis in demonstrating return on investment in training. A qualified candidate will be focused on how training contributes to the company’s bottom line and will have the analytical skills to justify programmatic decisions with data.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
OUR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years work experience in Learning & Development and Project Management.
- 2+ years experience leading others and having direct reports in a leadership role.
- Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with a competitive salary and equity plan, along with access to our 401k plan and robust benefits including: health benefits, flexible paid time off, parental benefits, and food perks.