Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You’ll Do
- Provide strategic product and technical engineering leadership on teams. We look for selfless individuals who put others first and focus on learning, mentorship, and collaboration.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Self-directed, driven, and sharp
- Previous engineering leadership or product management experience
- Inclusive and committed to diversity
- Active listener
- Comfortable with exploring unknown territory and the abstract
- Energized to tackle a rapidly-changing problem space and excited to help an organization scale through growth
- Committed to sharing knowledge through documentation, mentorship, and collaboration
What We Value
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.