WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 80% of US households with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
WHAT WE DO (The team)
As a member of the team at Postmates, you'll play a central role in the expansion of the Postmates platform. Your goal is to use data and sound business judgement to develop & implement strategies that will drive major improvements in the business. In the past, the team has worked on projects ranging from the overhaul of our fraud detection system, creating & operationalizing a system to provide real-time incentives to our Postmates, driving significant process improvements, building local market growth strategies and partnering with product/ tech teams to drive improvements that help achieve business goals. The projects will vary; the only constant will be that you're working on Postmates’ most important initiatives.
In this role, your ideas will be reviewed directly by our executive team and you will have end-to-end ownership of the key initiatives that shape the future of Postmates. You must be comfortable with execution and accountability.
- 5+ years experience in a business management or analytical role in tech, consulting, finance, operations and marketing
- Data-driven decision making with a strong bias towards action and rapid experimentation
- Entrepreneurial DNA; ability and desire to run initiatives end-to-end with full ownership
- Demonstrated experience in solving new problems with new solutions while working cross-functionally to lead teams towards a shared goal
- Experience in leading process and performance improvements by leveraging data and insights
- Experience working cross functionally with Product, Engineering, Operations & external vendors
- Expertise in SQL and other analytical tools
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
OUR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Postmates user
- Programming experience
- Consumer tech experience
- Strong interest in logistics, pricing, marketplaces or supply-demand economics
- Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with a competitive salary and equity plan, along with access to our 401k plan and robust benefits including: health benefits, flexible paid time off, parental benefits, and food perks.