WHO WE ARE
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an industry-leading on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still the leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of more than 240,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
WHAT WE DO (The team)
These are incredibly important roles that will help build, facilitate and measure positive change across the company. As a member of the People Team, you’ll work closely with the broader People organization and leaders across the company to develop and implement a diversity and inclusion strategy that will have a real impact on our employee’s lives. These are new roles that require a focus on building relationships and enrolling leaders at all levels in DEI solutions. You’ll lead strategy and implementation of DEI programs for one of our two largest offices, and potential additional responsibility for programs for satellite workforces in LA, Seattle, NYC and Toronto. We currently have 2 roles open: in San Francisco and Nashville, though both are currently working remotely due to COVID.
This is an opportunity for you to shape DEI strategy at Postmates. You are a thought leader and influencer, skilled at creating and maintaining positive and productive relationships with cross-functional partners at all levels of the organization. You have a track record of implementing impactful DEI solutions in a growing business!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Design and drive an ongoing DEI strategy across the company.
- Build DEI into new programs and audit existing programs. Operationalize DEI into enterprise wide initiatives.
- Build DEI plans aligned and in support of our business plans; develop goals and strategies; implement and scale initiatives across teams and sites
- Consult HR Business Partners and senior leaders to develop appropriate reports, metrics and research. Partner with People Data Analyst to update reports and metrics and maintain DEI data integrity.
- Partner with the People team and departmental leaders to develop policies and processes that foster a more inclusive environment.
- Establish alignment and partnership with the People Business Partners and Talent Acquisition teams; influence organization-wide diversity strategies and practices across Postmates
- Connect and inspire people to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant DEI experience
- 10+ years’ experience working in an HR or business function
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and programmatically
- Experience delivering scalable solutions across multiple teams
- Strong project management skills, successful teaming with colleagues, and a strong results orientation.
- A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals to engage team, peers, and leaders.
- Experience effectively partnering with People and business teams to build effective People or Talent programs and strategies.
- Experience/ exposure to designing and implementing Learning & Development programs related to DEI (ex. Leadership training on DEI topics, supporting career pathing with a lens for Inclusion)
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority and ability to clearly formulate areas of strength, development and associated recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal awareness and skills.