WHO WE ARE
At Postmates, we’re building the future of commerce by using technology to connect local stores and restaurants with customers looking to save time. Working to solve some of the biggest urban logistics problems, we focus on closing the loop between merchants and the customers they’d otherwise be unable to reach. Postmates is growing rapidly and we are looking for seasoned leaders to drive our company towards success, while growing and leading a team of equally motivated individuals.
Postmates is seeking an individual who has deep employee relations experience, strong communications, and interpersonal skills to manage sensitive employee issues while maintaining a positive employee experience, minimizing risk, and in alignment to our company values and business needs. This role will be based in our Nashville, Tennessee, office but will support all our offices worldwide.
- Investigate workplace complaints and disputes, policy violations, and allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in partnership with internal stakeholders, in particular in-house employment counsel
- Draft investigation reports summarizing findings and recommended corrective action and/or appropriate resolution
- Ensure employee relations issues are handled fairly, consistently, and in line with Postmates’ values, policies, and applicable law
- Develop systems to identify and analyze employee relations trends and solutions
- Design, create, and implement proactive programs and procedures that improve employee relations and contribute to a positive and productive working environment
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and the People team on employee relations, performance evaluations, leave of absence issues, workplace accommodations, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Create and deliver manager programs and training to support business leaders respond to employee relations issues
- Partner with internal and external legal counsel to respond to employment-related litigation
- Engage with employees regarding reasonable accommodation requests, including interviewing employees, collecting appropriate documentation, and evaluating requests
- Process, monitor, and track reasonable accommodation requests
- Develop and maintain strong, credible, value-add collaborative partnerships with leaders, the People team, and other stakeholders in person and remotely
- 5+ years direct experience coaching leaders and resolving employee relations issues.
- Solid understanding of, and practical experience with, federal and state employment laws (i.e., EEOC).
- Experience designing and delivering employee relations programs and best practices to leaders.
- Passion to act with pace and urgency, yet balanced with thoughtful, pragmatic, and outcome oriented mindset.
- Ability to manage sensitive, emotionally charged situations with calmness and empathy while driving to resolution in the best interest of the company.
- Excellent judgment, decision making, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Comfortable communicating with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to manage sensitive information with absolute confidence and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree required; other specialized training in employee relations is a plus.
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with a competitive salary and equity plan, along with access to our 401k plan and robust benefits including: health benefits, flexible paid time off, parental benefits, and food perks.