WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 80% of US households with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
WHAT WE DO
As a Senior Platform Analyst at Postmates, you will play an integral part in establishing and maintaining financial and data processes, ensuring monthly close procedures are completed within a reasonable timeframe. You will be a member of a growing, and dynamic finance and accounting team. The Platform Data team lives at the intersection of data and accounting. Our day-to-day operations include performing analysis on the data that flows through the Company’s platform. It is our job to transform the platform data into useful financial information for accounting and finance leadership.
The ideal candidate will have initiative to identify opportunities for improvement as well as desire to implement process improvements. The candidate should have excellent interpersonal, the ability to work with a broad range of people with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Lead automation of the Postmates Platform reporting and integration with the Company’s ERP ledgers
- Scale and execute a settlement reconciliation process with millions of transactions involving multiple parties
- Continuously adapt and align the data reporting capture and settlement reconciliation with the introduction of new products, markets, vendors and policies
- Detecting and resolving data issues and reconciliation gaps
- Monitor working capital with respect to merchant receivables, processor receivables, merchant payables and courier payables according to metrics
- Influence policies and processes that would drive scalable operations, compliance with US GAAP and strong internal control environment
- Be Accounting’s representative in process improvement projects with Engineering, Business Development, Marketing and FP&A
- Prepare routine and non-routine journal entries and adjustments
- 3-6 years of experience working with financial data
- A degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field
- Highly adept and experienced at building data and process logic that would build automation of reporting and reconciliations
- Experience with data tools -- Python, R, SQL -- as well as proficiency with spreadsheets
- Good understanding of relational databases, data warehouses and ERPs
- Experienced in driving month-end accounting closes for high transaction volume environments (e.g. online/mobile marketplaces, financial institutions or payment processors) and in facilitating audits
- Understanding of financial accounting systems and core accounting processes
OUR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a platform company is a plus