WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 80% of US households with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
WHAT WE DO
From stories to sketches, prototypes to pixels, the Postmates Design Team crafts the experiences that bring a city closer together, empowering local commerce through a simple touch. As part of our rapidly growing team, you'll work closely with the founders and product team in crafting the future of the company. Specifically, as one of our dedicated Product Designers, you'll be key in building the Design Team as well as the foundation for how our customers, couriers, and partners use our services.
You'll be responsible for designing beautiful interfaces that help people connect deeply with all that their cities have to offer. As one of our Product Designers you'll be working on customer-facing interfaces on mobile, web, and beyond. This also includes creative campaigns, educational resources, videos, and visual systems that support our brand identity. There is an emphasis on visual design for this role, but having UX and interaction design experience is also preferred.
Working directly with Product and Engineering we'll design and implement beautiful, intuitive experiences together. Beyond visual and interaction design, if you happen to have development skills we'll consider that a major plus!
- Initiate, lead, and ship projects
- Articulate design decisions in individual and group critiques
- Document the visual systems you build
- Mentor and train new designers on the team
- Foster a culture of design at Postmates
- Extensive experience designing usable, engaging, and beautiful customer experiences for iPhone, iPad, Android, and the web
- 4+ years experience that includes visual, UX, and interaction design
- Excellent proficiency with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid understanding of grid systems and typography
- You're more concerned with the 'why' than the 'how'
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, required