At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level 5, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation.
- Work on core planning and control algorithms such as routing, behavior planning, trajectory planning, feedback controllers, etc.
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms for planning under uncertainty using stochastic optimization techniques with linear and non-linear objective functions
- Develop behavioral reasoning framework to support navigation in complex traffic scenarios, such as lane changes, merges, double-parked vehicles, and blind turns
- Develop functionally safe systems that fail gracefully and safely exit traffic when difficult situations arise
- Implement real-time algorithms on CPU/GPU in C++
- Build tools and infrastructure to verify and evaluate the performance of the planner/controller over time
- Ability to produce production-quality C++
- Strong background in artificial intelligence, robotics, algorithms, and data structures
- Ability to build applications for robot path planning using a broad range of tools such as numerical optimization, feedback control, system modeling, etc
- Ability to develop safety critical navigation systems for low-latency compute platforms
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate across teams and disciplines
- (Nice to Have) Hands on experience with building a navigation stack for mobile robots, from high-level route planning on road graphs and behavioral reasoning to trajectory generation and low-level feedback control
- (Nice to Have) Experience with robot path planning techniques like energy functions, behavior trees, jerk minimization, stochastic optimization, etc.
- (Nice to Have) Experience with traffic agent intention modeling
- (Nice to Have) Experience with GPU programming in CUDA or OpenCL
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.