At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level 5, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionize transportation.
The field of autonomous vehicles presents numerous unsolved challenges. One of the most interesting: extracting knowledge from the massive amount of testing we do. Finding the signals amidst the noise.
How do we know our product is safe? That it follows laws and norms? How do we know it’s good? What does “good” even mean?
Level 5 seeks an engineer to join our next generation of work in this space. This role will develop evaluation and analysis technology to measure and inform our integrated autonomy stack performance. An ideal candidate is a software engineer with some data analysis/science skills. This will be a high visibility role involved in our development cadence, and with key touch points that span the program.
- Collaborating across teams to establish the definition of key measures that inform our progress and iteration
- Developing, deploying, and iterating the implementation of evaluation measures to be durable over time and scalable to a massive testing effort
- Use a combination of software engineering and data that help identify actionable results to influence the development of autonomy, simulation, testing, and evaluation
- Ability to deliver in the short-term while preparing for the long-term
- Ability to communicate highly technical problems and solutions to a broad cross-section of engineering partners
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience (C++, python)
- Strengths in mathematics and statistical/probability knowledge
- Prior work experience with interesting datasets - large scale, noisy
- Experience with visualization and dashboard tools and technologies
- Bonus: past work in autonomous vehicles, robotics, machine learning
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.